Header Ads

Header ADS

Transformations (affirmative--Negative and vice versa) 1

Transformation of Sentences.







 Transform the sentences into negative.

1.    Af :   Every man wishes to be happy
       Ne:   There is no man who doesn't wish to be happy.

2.  Af;  You must obey the law.
     ne:  you can not but obey the law.

3.  Af: He is too tired to speak.
     Ne : He is so tired that he can not speak.

4. Af:   He was too poor to buy the dress.
    ne:  He was so poor that he could not buy the dress.

5. Af: Allah alone can help us.
   Ne: None but Allah can help us.

6. Af: He is a good man
    Ne: He is not a bad man.

7. Af: Everybody should admit the truth.
   Ne: Nobody should deny the truth.

8. Af: Everybody hates a liar.
    ne : Nobody loves a liar/ There is no body who doesn't hate a liar/ There is no body but hates a liar.

9. Af : I shall always remember you.
   ne: I shall never forget you.

10.    Af;    Every rose has a thorn.
        ne:    There is no rose without a thorn/ There is no rose but has a thorn.

11. Af : I always agree with him.
     ne:  I never disagree with him.

12. Af: The wind is favourable.
      ne : The wind is not unfavourable.

13. Af: The sun rises in the east.
     ne: Doesn't the sun rise in the east ?

14. Af: He did the work wisely
      ne: He did not do the work unwisely.

15.  Af: We should always speak the truth.
       ne: We should never tell a lie.

16. Af:  My father is always kind to me.
      ne:  My father is never unkind to me.

17. Af: I shall buy a book and a pen.
      ne: I shall buy not only a book but also a pen.

18. Af: He sometimes goes to my uncle's house.
     ne: He does not always go to my uncle's house.

19. Af: I bought many mangoes.
     ne: I bought not a few mangoes.

20. Af: He drank much milk.
     ne: He drank not a little milk.


   

No comments

Powered by Blogger.