Header Ads

Header ADS

Complex to Simple 2

Complex to Simple 2



1. Complex : I know where he works.

       Simple :  I know the place of his working./ I know his working place.

2.  Complex :  He admitted that he was mistaken.

   Simple :     He admitted his mistake.

3.  Complex : He is sorry to hear that you have failed.

   Simple :     He is sorry to hear your failure.

4. Complex :  The box is so old that it can not be used.

     Simple :   The box is too old to be used.

5. Complex :  She led a life which was spotless.

     Simple :   She led a spotless life.

6. Complex :   I desired that I should go.

      Simple :  I desired to go.

7. Complex : I bought a pen which was costly.

     Simple :  I bought a costly pen.

8. Complex : I don't know what his father's name is.

   Simple :   I don't know his father's name.

9.  Complex : I have no money that I can spare.

   Simple :     I have no money to spare.

10. complex :   Tourists need a hotel which is comfortable.

    Simple :      Tourists need a comfortable hotel.

11. Complex : I am sure that I shall pass the exam.

       Simple :  I am sure of passing the exam.

12.  Complex : This is the bottle which is used for water.

       Simple :   This bottle is used for water.

13.  Complex :  It is certain that he will come.

       Simple :     He will certainly come.

14.  Complex :  I have no time that I can waste in idle talks.

      Simple :     I have no time to waste in idle talks.

15.  Complex  : When I went there , I found him absent.

      Simple :     Going there, I found him absent.

16.  Complex  : As he was tired, he refused to go.

      Simple  :   Being tired, he refused to go.

17.  Complex :  He is so weak that he can not walk.

        Simple :   He is too weak to walk.

18.  Complex  : The rumour that he has failed, is not true.

      Simple :     The rumour of his failure is not true.

19.   Complex :  Although he is poor, he is honest.

      Simple  :      In spite of being poor, he is honest.


20.  Complex  : We went to the house where my uncle lived.

       Simple :   We went to my uncle's house.

21.  Complex :  He can not tell us when he will return.

      Simple  :    He can not tell us the time of his return.

22.   Complex  : I know what his intention is.

       Simple   :  I know his intention.

23.   Complex  :   As he was lazy, he could not prosper.

       Simple   :     He could not prosper because of his laziness.
    
      Or --   Being lazy, he could not prosper.


24. Complex  :  He was glad when he received your letter.


      Simple   :   He was glad to receive your letter.



      
     

No comments

Powered by Blogger.